Closing Date: 2020-09-27
The Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Limited (ANCL) widely known as Lake House, is the home and heart of print media in Sri Lanka invites an experienced candidate to play a key role as Company Secretary. We are looking for a competent, dynamic person with excellent knowledge of English and a working knowledge of Sinhala language.
- He/she should have ten years post qualifying experience as an Attorney-at-Law, out of which three years should be as a Company Secretary of any recognized institution.
- LLB Degree from any recognized university will be an added qualification.
- He/she should be registered as a Company Secretary.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations including corporate governance practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Should possess the ability to successfully work under pressure as a self- motivated team player and further should have the capacity to work independently.
- Should display effective time management and the ability to manage changing / conflicting priorities.
- Should be proactive, assertive, and forward-thinking.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist in ensuring the smooth running of Board/Board Committee/General Meetings and dissemination of decisions of the board in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensuring compliances with the requirements of the Companies Act, the articles of association, listing rules, any other relevant legislation or regulations, and corporate governance practices, by establishing proper and effective processes and controls to comply with these provisions.
- Providing support and guidance to the Directors with respect to their duties and responsibilities in order to assist them to discharge their duties effectively.
- Preparation of documents to shareholders, i.e. notices, circulars and annual reports, and other corporate documentation.
- Protecting the Company’s interests by ensuring the effectiveness of all documentation incorporate actions and special projects.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
Age: Below 45 years
The selected candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package commensurate with relevant expertise, competencies, and past track record.
Please forward your completed Curriculum Vitae within seven days of this advertisement with names and contact details of two non-related referees to the under-mentioned address stating the position on the top left-hand corner of the envelope or e/mail to the following e-mail address with the subject line “Post of Company Secretary”
Head of Human Capital
The Associated Newspapers
of Ceylon Limited
No.35, D.R. Wijewardene Mawatha,
Source: Sunday Observer